We are very pleased start the quarterly newsletter to provide update to all the devotees about the progress on the new temple construction.
As most of you are aware we have completed the purchase of 2.2 acre land for the temple on Dec. 18tt, 2015. It is located at 3131, Old Settlers Rd. Flower Mound, TX. It is located on the south side of Flower Mound High School.
What is happening?
Since then we have been busy in preplanning activities. Following are some of the activities that have been happening
- We have met with various temple management team in the DFW area to learn from their experience. Temples like DFW Hindu temple, Fort Worth temple, Guruvayur Temple, Hanuman Temple in Frisco, Hindu Temple in Austin to name a few.
- We have held multiple meetings with architects and getting very close to choose one to help in preparing the designs for our temple
- We are also talking to shilpi’s from India who are experts in building Hindu temples
- We have met with the Town of Flower Mound official to understand the process of getting approvals for building a temple
- We have received property tax exemption from Denton County.
- Funding goals - 500 K by Diwali 2016 and close to 2 million by end of 2017
- Bhoomipuja by Diwali 2016 and opening of new temple by Diwali 2017
Who is involved?
Focus Groups: We have formed teams which has 3 to 5 members each. These teams are responsible for functions like, Architecture and Construction, Funding, Master data and record keeping, Project Management etc.
The whole team meets at the temple every Tuesday night at 8.45 PM, anyone is welcome to join the meetings.
Board of Directors: Some of the board members are part of some focus groups. Major decisions are sent to the Board for approval.
Board of Advisors: We have formed a group of select individuals to advise the new temple project team on various aspects like funding, overall project progress, temple design etc. This groups meets once in a month.
We are sure everyone if very eager to know when we are starting the construction of the temple and when we are planning to move in the new building. Guess what we are also eagerly waiting to finalize those dates.
Currently our goal is to have Bhoomipuja by the end of this year and start the construction. We are also checking the feasibility of moving to the new temple towards end of 2017. As we are finalizing the architect and our plans for donation drive these dates will become more and more clear. We will announce them as soon as they are finalized.
Which Deities will be in the new temple?
Current plan is to start with the deities we already have, and design the building for more additions. This is too early for us to think about what new deities can be added to the temple.
How can I get more details?
Please register online with your email address here is the link to the temple website
You can also reach out to one of the priests of board members.
How can I participate in this process?
How can I donate for the new temple?
We are seeking Donations in 3 Categories:
v Platinum: $25,001 and above
v Gold: $10,001 to $25,000
v Silver: $5,001 to $10,000
v Others: $5,000 below added to new temple fund
You can drop Check or cash at the temple, please mention new temple
Credit card: You can donate using credit card at the temple or online at www.FMHTCC.org
Flower Mound Hindu Temple